Re: MAX NUMBER

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2006 05:03:31 -0700

Reiro wrote:
> hi ppl...
>
> i am entering dat in an access front end connect to an oracle database.
> i am using max (number) + 1 increasing my id...
>
> problem is ... if during testing i enter a number like 9999999 in the
> database.
> Even whn record is deleted i get the next value as 9999999 + 1.
> how do retrieve the maximum value that is in the table.
>
> thx in advance...

By not allowing anyone to enter a number in this column. Assuming the sql statement is correct, as you entered the maximum value of 9999999 in this column, you will retrieve this number as the maximum value.
Nothing can be done about that: what you see is what you get.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA