Re: sql query

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2006 07:10:01 -0700

Reiro wrote:
> hi ppl...
>
> i hav a table with MANY columns...
> A SAMPLE TABLE FOR MY QUERY WILL LOOK AS FOLL......
>
> NAME LEVEL ID
>
> Jim P 1
> Jim V 2
> Peter P 3
> Peter S 4
> Peter E 5
> Peter V 6
>

> many records in the table follow this sequence with some having to
> levels and some having four levels.
>

> how can i write a query to display all with level 'E' (which is simple)
> but also include the level 'P'. however i only want to display records
> where the level 'P' has level V(refer to JIM)
>
> so if i was to query this sample table .... my output would be as
> follows...
>

> NAME LEVEL ID
>
> Jim P 1
> Peter E 5
>

> thx in advance :)

So what have you tried? While you are trying it yourself, consider these hints:
* self join
* outer join

Can you build a query that returns all the rows that match the P with a V criteria?

show us a sample of your code (ORACLE version is always helpful information)

HTH,
  ed Received on Tue Aug 22 2006 - 09:10:01 CDT