Re: Time conversions

From: Dave <solomons_dad.w.marks_and_whom_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:31:20 +0100

rj wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a temp table with data to upload to the real table.
> In this temp table there are time values stored as varchar, but are in
> the format dd hh:mm:ss.
> The problem in some of the values are e.g 00 00:91:31; 00 00:81:57
> etc..
> When i try uploading this to the real table with data type interval day
> (2) second (6) I get an error saying that Minutes should be between 0
> and 59.
>

> How do I convert these values to that they will fix the
> days/hours/minutes before updating the real table?
>
> Thanks in advance..

Only you know what 00:91:31 really means (it's a fair guess that it means 01:31:31 but that's still only a guess; another possibility is that this is a field entered by a human and that this is a simple digit transposition error and the correct value is 00:19:31) so one way is to fix invalid dates in the original varchar2 field then your conversion will work without error. Minutes *should* be between 0 and 59 so the error is correct. Received on Mon Aug 21 2006 - 04:31:20 CDT