Re: getting a dump of ddl to recreate my schema?

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 15:20:26 GMT

Mark Harrison wrote:
> I've been modifying my schema using SQL Developer, and now I
> would like to dump my schema out to an sql file.
>
> What's the best way to do this?
>
> Many TIA!
> Mark

No version, so my typing this answer may be a complete waste of time as my answer applies only to 9i and 10g.....but....

If by "dump my schema" you mean to create an SQL file with the CREATE SQL commands, you can try the following:

SELECT dbms_metadata.get_ddl(object_type,object_name) FROM user_objects;

Save the output to a file.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland