server platform performance comparisons

From: <colinmain_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2006 06:08:07 -0700

I am just about at the stage where I need to start looking at our next generation of Oracle server and I need to prepare some initial information on server performance. (We are sticking with Oracle so I do not care about the more common SQL-Server vs. Oracle comparisons.)

Can anyone recommend a site that compares DB performance on platforms based on different processors (e.g., Itanium, AMD64, HP PA-RISC)?

I know there will be other differences in hardware that will affect things big time but I need to get started so anything indicative would be very helpful.

Many thanks in advance,

Colin Main Received on Fri Aug 18 2006 - 08:08:07 CDT