Re: How to force two entities to point to the same lookup value

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:17:24 -0700

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 04:46:45 GMT, Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote:

>Gene Wirchenko wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:33:02 GMT, HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:59:28 -0700, joel garry wrote:
>>>
>>> I took the time to read Bob's posts in other forums.
>>
>> I have read many of his posts in cdt.
>>
>>> In a nutshell, if you don't agree with him, the insults start flying.
>>> Once his mind is made up, the subject appears to be closed and the
>>
>> No, it is that he reacts severely to kooks. cdt has had more
>> than its share of them.
>
>So what? That is a most feeble and uncivilised approach.

     It works better than anything else I have seen.

>>> Responding to him is not worth the time, even if some of his comments are
>>> based on significant insight.
>>
>> Responding to him *is* worth the time, *because* if some of his
>> comments are based on significant insight, but not if you are a kook.
>
>Bull, responding is pointless (unless a sycophant)! However, listening

     Oh, you have called me a name. How wounding.

>can be useful - if you are prepared to wade through the trash when he is
>tugging on it. That said it doesn't take that long to observe the
>entire repertoire.
>
>To be clear, just because Bob appears to any observer as well read and
>is consistent in expressing his personal array (or list perhaps) of
>accepted precepts, it does not mean his feet contain no clay. His
>extant arrogance suggests denial much like an Emperor who ponces down
>the main street!

     Yes, he does appear well read. This is rather more than can be said about the kooks. On a technical newsgroups, it is an easy decision of who has [more|any] value.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Thu Aug 17 2006 - 15:17:24 CDT