Re: [OT] Re: *pressure Google to put Groups back on main page...*

From: Michael Heiming <michael+USENET_at_www.heiming.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:39:05 +0200

In comp.os.linux.misc Jeffrey Schwab <jeff_at_schwabcenter.com>:
> DA Morgan wrote:

>> timasmith_at_hotmail.com wrote:
>>> Seriously, who the hell cares about 'Videos' - there must be millions
>>> of usenet group users - can we club together and force them to put
>>> Groups back on the Google home page - 2 clicks per visit is starting to
>>> bug me...

>> I don't and have never used google to get here: I use ThunderBird. Talk >> to you ISP.

> You've really never posted through Google?

Not at all.

> What do you do when you travel? I use Thunderbird, too, but my

Use tin from my notebook or/and use ssh back to home to use tin.

TB works great as MUA, but it can't be recommended as newsreader for serious usage.

> ISP only lets me connect directly through their routers.
> Yesterday I posted through Google because I was at work, whence
> I'm not sure NNTP packets would escape anyway.

I just use tin on my desktop at work or ssh to home to use tin.

mail: echo zvpunry_at_urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 401: Sales staff sold a product we don't offer.