Re: im004 oracle odbc error with unprivileged users

From: Eric Jenkinson <ericjenkinson_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:00:42 -0500

On 16 Aug 2006 05:34:19 -0700, christoph.zehentner_at_gmail.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i've been searching the web since hours, but i found no real solutions.
>
>I'm using Oracle's Client 10.2 on Windows Server 2003. When i connect
>to a DB over ODBC (Oracle's drivers), i'm getting an error:
>"im004 microsoft odbc driver manager driver's sqlallochandle on
>sql_handle_env failed"
>
>This happens only if "normal" users try to connect to the DB. Giving
>normal users admin-rights is no solution for me, because this machine
>is accessed over citrix by the whole company.
>
>had anyone the same problem and knows how to solve it?
>
>thanks in advantage - with kind regards
>
>Christoph Zehentner

Ran into the same problem. If you have a metalink account you can reference note 361325.1 Unable to connect by remote desktop with ODBC Application IM-004.

We created Global Objects on the remote. You can find more info on Global Objects at the following:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/ba351dd0-aaf5-4e1e-b7dc-10a514842a0a1033.mspx?mfr=true