im004 oracle odbc error with unprivileged users

From: <christoph.zehentner_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2006 05:34:19 -0700

Hello,

i've been searching the web since hours, but i found no real solutions.

I'm using Oracle's Client 10.2 on Windows Server 2003. When i connect to a DB over ODBC (Oracle's drivers), i'm getting an error: "im004 microsoft odbc driver manager driver's sqlallochandle on sql_handle_env failed"

This happens only if "normal" users try to connect to the DB. Giving normal users admin-rights is no solution for me, because this machine is accessed over citrix by the whole company.

had anyone the same problem and knows how to solve it?

thanks in advantage - with kind regards

Christoph Zehentner

--
F'up2: comp.databases.oracle.misc