Re: Returning multiple columns from Stored Procedure for use in a View.

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2006 07:37:33 -0700

john.roberts.2004_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using an oracle view to retreive data from many tables.
> My view calls a function to perform some complex calculations.
>
> I would like to be able to call the function (or stored procedure) once
> in my view,
> and have it return multiple columns of data for my view.
>
> I am sure this is possible, but I am not sure how to do it.
>
> Any direction would be great.
> Thanks for your help,

<rant/>
And of course Oracle never improves their product, so you don't need to include your version, as that is irrelevant for the response, or you think we can guess your version and/or keep track of it </rant>

If using Oracle 9i or higher, look into PIPELINED functions.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA