Re: SQL script to add Oracle userīs responsibilities

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:12:14 -0700

contracer11_at_gmail.com wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:

>> contracer11_at_gmail.com wrote:
>>> Iīm looking for a SQL script to add Oracle userīs responsibilities,
>>> bypassing Oracle forms.
>>> Is there any way ?
>>>
>>> Iīm using:
>>>
>>> Oracle Applications : 11.5.4
>>> Oracle Forms Version : 6.0.8.25.2
>>> Application Object Library : 11.5.0
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>> Why?
>>
>> What is wrong with the current interface?
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> University of Washington
>> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>> (replace x with u to respond)
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
>> www.psoug.org

> I have thousands responsibilities to add diary, and Iīd like
> create a script to insert it, bypassing Oracle graphics interface.
> Every time that I insert a duplicated resp I get a popup message:
> "This responsability has already been assigned to this user.
> Please enter a diferent responsibility"
>
> Thanks.

I could write a script to create a database user in a matter of a few seconds. But you are talking Oracle Apps and that may be quite another matter entirely. You are talking about multiple levels of security. Security at the application, app server, and database levels. I don't think a "throw-it-over-the-cubicle-wall" script to create a database user would be doing you any favours. In fact quite the opposite.

My advice: Stick to the GUI.