Re: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:19:27 +0200

gurinder.kabbay_at_gmail.com schreef:

> Thanks for reply.
> userdb is there in tnsnames.ora that's why i able to connect from
> sql*plus or isqlplus using connection string
> userdb(user/password_at_userdb from sql*plus or isqlplus)
> but the problem exists only when i try to connect from sqlplus
> Regards,
> Harcharan

Just reread your own post, please.
2nd and 3rd line:
i able to connect from sql*plus
5th line:
problem exists only when i try to connect from sqlplus

So, you can connect from sql*plus but not from sqlplus.

Please explain the differences in those two products, by your standards. I am sure it will clarify things for me.

And while we're at it, please post your tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora files

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...