Reading the first bytes from a BLOB and convert to String

From: eriben <eriben_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2006 05:49:56 -0700

Aloha,

I am trying to create a PL/SQL procedure to recognize non-supported filetypes that is stored as a BLOB in my database; more accurately it is a ORDSys.ORDImage.

I want to do this by reading the first 1000 bytes of the file and then do an INSTR after the occurence of a pattern, such as 'JFIF' or in my case 'DICM' and 'MATRIX7'.

Does anyone have a best-practice for this kind of operation?

Kindly,
Erik Bengtsson Received on Thu Aug 10 2006 - 07:49:56 CDT