Re: copy

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Aug 2006 21:50:45 -0700

mike7411_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I want to create a PL/SQL procedure that takes about 30 Oracle database
> tables and copies them to a remote server. However, I'm not sure how
> to deal with certain referential integrity issues. One issue is that
> the database may be getting updated while the copy is being performed.
> Another issue is that, even if the database isn't being updated, at
> times during the copy, constraints may be violated.
>
> So do I have to basically disable each constraint individually and
> exclusively lock all the tables? Or is there an easier way?

There IS an easier way: Advanced Replication. It will do everything for you automagically from replicating a set of tables as a transactionally consistent group to resolving conflicts if remote materialized views are modifiable. Don't invent what's already invented, implemented in the database kernel and proven working.

Regards,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Wed Aug 09 2006 - 23:50:45 CDT