Re: Multiple updates w. static SQL vs. single dynamic SQL update

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:48:50 -0700

max wrote:

> How can one tell if the second block of code of the "Complex IN Demo"
> is indented to work or not? The code is there, the code is wrong, no
> mentioning it's not supposed to work.

The library consists of my demos used for teaching at the University of Washington and for seminars I give. Many things are intentionally not commented because people don't try something, and see the error message, if you tell them up-front it won't work. They just pass over it and do what works.

There is a huge amount of learning from seeing those ORA- messages and recognizing what they are, what they mean, and how to deal with them.

Sorry if that confused you.

In the future if you use the library ... expect that many demos will intentionally lead to common mistakes. Keep going and you will see the solution.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington