Re: why cant i do this?? any clues on how i should go about

From: Vinay Bhushan <bhushanvinay_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2006 10:30:39 -0700

EXECUTE IMMIDIATE 'ALTER TABLE T ADD (ABCD VARCHAR2(50))'; I think there can be no of other ways if any one could point out the best practice and also explain us why we cant do a Alter table directly that would be help full;

SQLserver is is much help full we can put a exists clause and work with it but this is not true with oracle if exists (Select col_name from user_tab_columns) then dosnt seem to work does any one kow how to use this.

if so that would be of gr8 help some one making a point of best practice for alter tables.

Reply Reply with quote » Received on Tue Aug 08 2006 - 12:30:39 CDT