JInitiator .jinit and jarchache dir problems

From: <legedoos_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2006 03:43:19 -0700

Hi there!

We have some problems using Jinitiator 1.3.1.22.

Our users don't have administrator rights on their WinXP systems. We use software distribution to install JInitiator on these computers. But, after installing when a user logs in, in the profile of the user there isn't a .jinit and jarcache dir. According to information on metalink and the web, Jinitiator should use its default settings and create a jarcache dir in the profile of the user. What happens: Jinitiator tries to open the jarcache on a remote server, where the user has no read or write privileges. The user can't change the jarcache location because Jinitiator also wants to write the properties file on the remote server. This all is resulting in very bad performance.

Can anybody explain this behaviour? Is there a solution for this problem? I don't understand why JInitiator doesn't use its default settings. I also don't understand where JInitiator gets the path to the remote server (in my test case \\s013\Oracle Jar Cache --> I can't find \\s013 in my set variables or register...?)

Tanks!

Rob Received on Tue Aug 08 2006 - 05:43:19 CDT