Re: internal handling of views

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 16:21:22 -0400

"Charles M" <CharlesM_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message news:R-6dnfLz3-O9kEvZnZ2dnUVZ_oqdnZ2d_at_giganews.com...
: On 2006-08-06, Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery> wrote:
: >
: > "Charles M" <CharlesM_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message
: > news:tJCdneITiIafwEjZnZ2dnUVZ_tqdnZ2d_at_giganews.com...
: >:I was having a discussion with a fellow wherein he remarked that
changing a
: In other words when I heard how this
: (supposedly) works, it was one of those 'Oh, that's how they're REALLY
doing
: it, not the way a book quickly usually describes it! realizations. To be
: honest, I expect it would take an Oracle developer (one of the guys who
: actually write the Oracle code) and probably one who specializes in views,
: give a true answer to this. I certainly don't know of any easy way to
verify
: one way or the other, but I was hoping someone here would.*
:

I suggest you study the Concepts manual.

++ mcs Received on Sun Aug 06 2006 - 15:21:22 CDT