Re: using PL/SQL tables to store values

From: <happyardy_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Aug 2006 16:22:45 -0700

> :
> : Thanks for your reply.
> : I am using Oracle SQL Developer to code(if that is what you meant by
> : development tools).
> : I have been told to use PL/SQL tables since it would also be a good
> : exercise for future development here. At this point I am really not
> : that knowledgable to make an educated choice about whether PL/SQL
> : tables are the best way to go for my application.
> : thanks
> : - Ardy
> : I have been told to use PL/SQL tables
> :
>
> actually, i meant, what is your user interface? what kind of 'form' are you
> referring to?
>
> and once you store the data in the PL/SQL tables (quite ananlogous to
> arrays, as Hans pointed out) how will the data in the arrays be used? will
> it be ready by another process or does it need to be stored in the database?
>
> ++ mcs

I am using Oracle PL/SQL for Web. So basically creating web pages using htp procedures. I mentioned the word forms because I am using a lot of htp.form<aaaa) etc.

After the user inputs values for Subject, Course number and year. E.g(for say 3 subjects at a time)

English 101 1999
French 235 1997
Math 450 2000

(these are the course that he/she has taken at their university and want to know if these can be transferred to my univ. here..that is the application i am working on)

and clicks on "Submit" button, I need to get these values from the webpage and then run queries again the database tables that I have using these values.

After the processing is done, the user(prospective student) would see on the screen the equivalent courses at my university for his/her entered courses and would know what courses of his/her can be transferred here.

thanks & regards