how to get the cursor to return 2 sets of values

From: <happyardy_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Aug 2006 14:21:42 -0700

Hello All,
I have a cursor as follows.

cursor StvsbgiC(p_inst varchar2 default null) is

   select *
   from stvsbgi
   where stvsbgi_code = p_inst or p_inst is null    order by stvsbgi_desc;

In my first procedure, my value of p_inst is null and hence the result set of the cursor is computed accordingly. At the end of the 1st procedure, p_inst gets a value.
Now in my 2nd procedure, how can I get the cursor to return me the result set based on that value ?
If I try to access the cursor in my 2nd procedure, I am still getting the results of the 1st computing of the cursor(when p_inst was null). Any input would be appreciated.

thanks