Re: indexes

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 16:24:02 -0700

laredotornado_at_zipmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got this question on an interview, but was unsure of the answer.
> Could you help?
>
> What are the two types of indexes and how are they stored differently?
>
> Thanks, - Dave

The person that asked the question is unqualified for their job. And not to be too negative here it sounds like you would have been too.

B*Tree Index
Bitmap Index
Bitmap Join Index
Cluster Index
Compressed Index
Descending Index
Function Based Index
Global Index
Index Organized Tables
Local Index
No Segment Index
Partitioned Index Organized Tables
Reverse Key Index

I'd have met that question with two of my own.

In what version?
How long has it been since you've studied Oracle?

For your education ... start here:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/schema.htm#i5671

--
Daniel A. Morgan