loadjava and Java version

From: <MountainOaf_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Aug 2006 05:11:07 -0700

Hello,

I'm trying to upload a Java class into an 8.1.7 database as a Java Stored Procedure. I issue the following command:

loadjava -u <user>/<pass> -v -resolve MyClass.java

The following error is displayed:

ORA-29535: source requires recompilation MyClass:61: Method split(java.lang.String) not found in class java.lang.String.

The error refers to the following line of code:

String[] response = returnString.split(",");

The variable returnString is a String. After doing a "java -version" and finding that the server is running version 1.5.0_01, I checked the 1.5 API and found that there *is* a method called "split" in the class java.lang.String.

So, I'm confused as the class has such a method, yet Oracle seems to think that it does not. Any ideas as to what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any assistance.

Oaf Received on Fri Aug 04 2006 - 07:11:07 CDT