Re: Oracle 64 bit ODBC dirver

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2006 14:37:43 -0700

MParenteau wrote:
> Yes, it looks like a 32 bit driver to me as well. That's what gets
> installed with the 64bit Oracle 10Gr2. I don't seem to be able to find any
> SQORA64 references anywhere - including Oracles own site. I guess I'll have
> to post the problem with metalink and see what they have to say.
>
> What is even stranger, is when I use a 32 bit driver on a 32bit windows
> platform and reference this Oracle, all of the data comes back correctly.

Don't top post. Have you given the 10g instant client a try? ( http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/instantclient/index.html ) I wound up getting two zips, namely a base install and an ODBC overlay.  Then I found out the user hadn't asked for 64 bit windows but got shipped it anyways, and the app that the user wanted didn't have a version that ran under 64 bit windows. So he had to reinstall windows and then the 32 bit 10g instant client. Sheesh.

Looking at what is in the 64 bit ODBC zip, I see sqora32.dll

An Oracle WTF?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.