Re: Locking mode in 10g seems to have changed

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2006 09:51:06 -0700

claytonarends_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
>
> > So you have an unscalable app. That problem should be resolved!
>
> With every new release of Oracle we test and make adjustments if
> necessary. The product is quite scalable given that it runs on Oracle
> 7, 8 and 9. I am at the stage of making it work for 10 now.
>
> > I don't agree it can't be done. It can.
>
> I didn't say it couldn't be done. It's a matter of finding time to
> overhaul a working legacy product and fully test it versus the payoff
> for doing so. We already have other plans for the future of this
> product (in a new application) that do not include the time it would
> take to completely change the way the existing application works.

[]

> We can go back and forth with this argument but that won't answer the
> question of why this behavior changed. I might have no other choice
> but to dig into the product and use sequences (which has been a
> recommendation for a while) but I would still like some closure on the
> broader question.
>
> - Clayton

If you want to know why, then asking here is not going to help. We don't work for ORACLE. If it is not in the release notes, then contact ORACLE support and find out from them. I would not be surprised if it fixed a bug in another scenario.

You'll be much happier with sequences. MUCH HAPIER.

  Ed Received on Thu Aug 03 2006 - 11:51:06 CDT