Re: Distinct query not working after database upgrade!!

From: The J Man <jonathan.keenan_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2006 13:09:39 -0700

Michel Cadot wrote:

> Hey dummy, if you copy/paste what you actually done maybe we
> can help you, there it is just blahblah even your query is wrong.
>
> Regards
> Michel Cadot

Apologies...
the query i am running is essentially this:

SELECT DISTINCT A.AID, A.TEXT FROM A, B WHERE A.ID = B.ID AND B.date
>=mydate;

Table B is basically just a logger type table of changes that were made to elements in table A. The user would run this query with their own date to see what rows have changed in table A since that date. I am basically using table B for its date attribute. If there was a date attribute in table A i would be saving myself a whole lot of bother, but alas it was not me who designed the schema, so i will have to make do with the date in table B for the time being...

So essentially i have not "done" anything, the database itself was updated and the distinct clause just seems to have stopped working. Received on Mon Jul 31 2006 - 15:09:39 CDT