Re: Automate SQL Question

From: George Lewycky <gelewyc_at_nyct.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2006 11:47:04 -0700

erin.l.anderson_at_citigroup.com wrote:
> I need to generate reports on one database (SQL statements developed to
>
> build delimited files), load them into a test database (control files
> built using sql loader), and then update certain tables based on the
> new information received within the test database (SQL update
> statements built to do this). I need help with a simple way to develop
> an automated process to do this. If someone could point me in the right
>
> direction for a beginner.

Try this:

COPYING TABLE FROM ONE MACHINE TO ANOTHER First do a count or delete all your rows

SQL> select count(*) from jobxref;

 COUNT(*)

     4227

SQL> copy from apps/apps_at_argp -
> replace jobxref - or create jobxref -
> using select * from jobxref;

Array fetch/bind size is 15. (arraysize is 15) Will commit when done. (copycommit is 0) Maximum long size is 80. (long is 80)
Table JOBXREF dropped.

Table JOBXREF created.

   4255 rows selected from apps_at_argp.
   4255 rows inserted into JOBXREF.
   4255 rows committed into JOBXREF at DEFAULT HOST connection.

SQL> select count(*) from jobxref;

 COUNT(*)

     4255 Received on Mon Jul 31 2006 - 13:47:04 CDT