Re: mysql + oracle

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:58:06 +0100

On 28 Jul 2006 05:57:14 -0700, "pstachy" <pstachy_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>I have an oracle database and need to get some data from it and
>replicate that data on mysql database in order to have it via WWW
>(apache + mysql + php).
>The only way to connect between oracle and mysql that comes to my mind
>is by PHP. e.g. get some data from oracle to a file and then load it to
>mysql.
>My question is: Is there maybe any other (simpler, safer, better?) way
>to do it???

 An option to consider may be Oracle's heterogeneous gateway feature; this may let you push the data out to MySQL using SQL without an intermediary. I haven't used it myself, but it looks possible from a brief glance at the docs.

--
Andy Hassall :: andy@andyh.co.uk :: http://www.andyh.co.uk
http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space :: disk and FTP usage analysis tool