ORA-01461 error

From: <diego.manilla_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2006 04:49:51 -0700

Hi. I'm getting a misleading ORA-01461 error. And I say misleading because the error description is "can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column", whereas the problem is a CLOB insert.

I have a CLOB field in my table, and when I try to write large amounts of text, it fails. It works fine with shorter strings. It fails specifically with a line that's roughly 9000 bytes.

I'm using Oracle 10g and I'm following the instructions shown here: http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/java/codesnippet/jdbc/clob10g/handlingclobsinoraclejdbc10g.html

So my code reads from and writes to the CLOB just like if it were a simple VARCHAR field.

I'm getting the connection via JNDI, on a Oracle IAS Server, with a "SetBigStringTryClob" property set to true. I've also tried doing this, with no luck:
http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/latest/oracle10g-datasource.html#N1004C

So, what else should I do to get things working?

Thanks in advance Received on Fri Jul 28 2006 - 06:49:51 CDT