Re: offering oracle calls as network services

From: Robbert <r.vanderhoorn>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:24:34 +0200

"Mark Harrison" <mh_at_pixar.com> schreef in bericht news:U6wxg.135407$dW3.26244_at_newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
> What's the best way to investigate adding oracle database
> queries from some kind of network service?
>
> The clients will be mac laptops, with applications
> coded in c++ and python. I'm hoping to be able to
> find a set of SOAP or other binding for the standard
> set of database function calls.
>
> Many TIA!
> Mark
>
> --
> Mark Harrison
> Pixar Animation Studios

Oracle makes it possible to publish packages and procedures as Webservices. Actually, it can be done with a little more thann a right-mouse click in Jdeveloper. Sounds simple. You'll need an J2EE-application server though.... Received on Wed Jul 26 2006 - 03:24:34 CDT