Re: Creating a relationship between 2 tables

From: tony_becky_mikey_verizon_news <tony_becky_mikey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 04:32:03 GMT

"Brian Peasland" <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net> wrote in message news:J2yo1o.4n2_at_igsrsparc2.er.usgs.gov...
>>> Except if you want to work in Gov't.. This mentality (limited quality,
>>> more work) is what keeps developers there many years after they should
>>> have moved on.. Take it from someone who is witnessing it in real time!!
>>
>> Agreed. Then on the other hand the government employees all shrug
>> their shoulders and wonder why the tax payers want to lynch them.
>>

> Federal or state level? I work in the fed govt sector and pretty much all
> IT staff, including developers, are being replaced by contractors. It's
> much easier to get rid of a poorly performing contractor than a civil
> servant. Especially, when the contract's dollar value is partially
> determined by performance.
>

> Cheers,
> Brian
>

> --
>
> Brian Peasland
> dba_at_nospam.peasland.net
> http://www.peasland.net
>
> Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me.
>

> "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good.
> Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown

Brian,
  City of Seattle.. They do not have a great number of contractors anymore, due to the unionizing of IT folks here.. Yes, they put them in a union and let it fight for their rights... Last union contract had the city get rid of a lot of contractors but they have yet to fill the positions opened up.. They are working on a re-organization plan to get more production out of the existing it group where I work...

Problem is, they have specialized development groups that will be merged into one group of developers.. Now they have some Oracle Forms, Some Java, some VB, and some App Express developers. Soon they will try and have all these developers in a pool, and pass along assignments when they come in..

Great idea, no? Received on Tue Jul 25 2006 - 23:32:03 CDT