:NEW Values in trigger doesn't seem to work

From: <rgrubin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2006 11:47:15 -0700

I have the following trigger:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER NIKU.FCG_UPDTASK4PROC_T1 AFTER INSERT
ON NIKU.FCG_METLIFE_TASKUPDATES
REFERENCING NEW AS New OLD AS Old
FOR EACH ROW
DECLARE
 vMsg VARCHAR2(30) := 'New ID=' || :NEW.TASK_ID;

BEGIN
UPDATE ODF_CA_TASK
SET testfield = '7'
WHERE id = :NEW.TASK_ID;

--dbms_output.put_line(vMsg);

END FCG_UPDTASK4PROC_T1; The problem is, the update doesn't seem to happen. However, if I replace :NEW.TASK_ID in the WHERE clause with a hard-coded value, it works. When outputing the value of :NEW.TASK_ID to dbms_output the correct and expected value is displayed, yet the update does not happen. I do not receive any Oracle errors and am running out of ideas and patience. Received on Tue Jul 25 2006 - 13:47:15 CDT