trigger on alter user

From: <martijnm.bos_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2006 05:51:36 -0700

Hi all,

In one of our databases we need 1 user to reset passwords from other users. (some kind of admin function). Ofcourse this "admin-user" may not change passwords etc. of sys or system. So granting "alter any user" to this admin is not a good idea.
Doing this with a (sys-owned) procudure is not possible because the supplier is not willing to change a line of code in his application.

My final thaugth : a trigger which checks whether the user to be altered is not sys or system......
My questions:
Is something like :"create trigger blabla on alter user ....." possible?
Did I miss something in the documentation?

Any pointers in the rigth direction are welcome.

Best Regards

Martijn Received on Tue Jul 25 2006 - 07:51:36 CDT