Re: Really need help...skill testing question

From: <clinttoris_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jul 2006 11:48:40 -0700

clinttoris_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Brian Peasland wrote:
> > clinttoris_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> > > Brian thanks for the reply.
> > >
> > > As soon as I sent the message I did think of the a href and have added
> > > the code as follows
> > >
> > > message := 'Hello'||v_data.Name||',<BR>
> > > <BR>
> > > Here is the hyperlink:<BR><BR>'||
> > > '<a href=>'||v_data.link||'</a>';
> > >
> > > So now it looks like I have a hyperlink when the user receives the
> > > email but when the user clicks the link they receive it is still
> > > unclickable. Any ideas.
> >
> > Your HREF tag is incomplete. You have the link name wrapped in between
> > the <a> and </a> tags. This is what the user sees. However, you have
> > not provided the information for the browser to actually make it a link.
> > Try something more like this:
> >
> > message := 'Hello'||v_data.Name||',<BR>
> > <BR>
> > Here is the hyperlink:<BR><BR>'||
> > '<a href='||v_data.link||'>'||v_data.link||'</a>';
> >

> > > Also, not sure what you mean with your last part about what if they
> > > receive email as straight text. How do I know this? Does Microsoft
> > > outlook have a setting for this? Could you expand on this. Thanks
> > > again brian.
> >
> > Outlook, Outlook Express, and many of the other email programs in use
> > today can display both HTML and Text emails. Now that I think about it,
> > I cannot think of email programs in wide use today that cannot do both
> > (that wasn't the case a number of years ago). So my original comment is
> > probably nothing to worry about.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Brian
> >
> > --
> >
> > Brian Peasland
> > dba_at_nospam.peasland.net
> > http://www.peasland.net
> >
> > Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me.
> >

> > "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good.
> > Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown

> Brian,
>

> Thanks so much. That did the trick. I corrected the a href syntax and
> it is working fine now. Have a great day Brian.

Hello Brian or whomever can help. I wish to reopen this if possible. If I should start another thread please let me know and I do apologize.  Now that I have everything working:) I was asked if I could not only send and email but also CC another address. I have a database table in oracle that my send mail items(subject, email address, body) is being populated. I am using a cursor to attain all the values in the database and fire out an email to the recipient. I now need a cc (which I want to use a field from the table as the address that will be cc too) Any ideas how to do this. I have read that I can use utl_smtp.rcpt(mail_conn, 'xxx_at_xxx.com); with xxx being the address. I tried this first by hard coding and it is only sending out to 1 address. Any ideas? Thanks again. Brian Received on Thu Jul 20 2006 - 13:48:40 CDT