to_char number format with optional decimal-point?

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: 20 Jul 2006 03:53:36 -0700

Hello all!

Basically, what I want is the following. Num -> Str
1 -> '1'
10 -> '10'
1.01 -> '1.01'

Is there a possible Number Format Model that will not display the decimal if there are no decimal digits?
(I know this is the default behaviour of to_char, but I need aditional formatting, so I need to spec the format model.)

Related to this: Is it possible to specify a number-format model that will exactly reproduce the to_char default behaviour?

thanks!

best,
Martin Received on Thu Jul 20 2006 - 05:53:36 CDT