Re: autotrace

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Jul 2006 04:55:48 -0700

Prasath wrote:
> I agree that there might be a slight overhead in collecting the
> statisitcs of a query. But I am concerned with the amount of time
> taken. There must be something wrong with the session. I am looking
> for some clues.

Oracle docs are your friend
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96533/autotrac.htm

SET AUTOTRACE ON EXPLAIN
 The AUTOTRACE report shows only the optimizer execution path.

Only plan, no actual execute of query, therefore such a difference.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu/ Received on Mon Jul 17 2006 - 06:55:48 CDT