Re: Oracle Designer: Connect string

From: <akkha1234_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Jul 2006 09:08:15 -0700

If you config your tnsnames.ora properly, you should not worry about hostname, port id or even instance name. How do you connect to the database via your other tools?
It should be something like this in sqlplus:

     username/password_at_ABC

 or in TOAD, what do you put in the filed 'Database'?

Then stick the ABC or the database field as the connect string. Then you are good.
If you get an error, this means your tnsnames.ora is not correct. This would be a different issue.