Re: No unsigned in Oracle?

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: 13 Jul 2006 07:26:05 -0700

Jens Lenge wrote:
> Martin T. wroteb:
>
> > You could post your statement, might be enlightening.
>
> Oracle claims to accept ISO/ANSI SQL compliant statements involving ISO
> SQL data types. Just try something like
>
> create table test
> (
> value smallint unsigned,
> );

See. Now I know what you're talking about :) (Though I fear I have know clue if Oracle supports/should support/will support) this.)

> (...)
> (I know that there are few, if any, DBMS that are truly *fully* ISO SQL
> compliant. But I still think the simple things should work in any DMBS
> without change.)

[cyn]
You know - the longer I have to deal with RDBMS, I feel that it truly does not matter that much. If you port something of any complexity whatsoever from DB A to DB B you will have to review most of the code anyway, so what matter if you have to rewrite some create stmt :) [/cyn]

schöne Grüße,
Martin Received on Thu Jul 13 2006 - 09:26:05 CDT