Re: No unsigned in Oracle?

From: Jens Lenge <spampot_at_gmx.net>
Date: 13 Jul 2006 06:47:57 -0700

Brian Peasland wrote:

> There is no SMALLINT. This doc even shows that the ANSI SMALLINT
> datatype is equivalent to NUMBER(38) in Oracle.

I know that Oracle maps ISO types onto its own types, which is not too bad as long as it does accept statement involving standard types.

"smallint" is accepted (and mapped onto NUMBER). "varchar" is also accepted (and mapped onto non-standard VARCHAR2).

But "smallint unsigned" is not even accepted. Received on Thu Jul 13 2006 - 08:47:57 CDT