Re: Newbie: Oracle join issue, too many entries for a join

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2006 05:43:44 -0700

joes wrote:
> Hello
>
> I need some advises of DB gurus. I have 2 tables with each hundert
> thousands of entries. The table have a 1:n relationship. IF I jon them
> normally my client and server is getting out of memory. Are there any
> other strategies in order to get joined data sets.
>
> select * from table1, table2 where tabe2.table1_id = table1.id
>
> many thanks
>
> regards
> Mark

No version
No platform
No error message, other than something like 'normally my client and server is getting out ot memory' (whatever that is), with only 'hunderd thousand of entries'

Could you please verify you are actually running Oracle, and not some fancy 'free' database toy?

Joining two tables is absolutely a piece of cake for Oracle, provided the administrator did configure the database and the server properly.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA