Duplicate transaction

From: sfama <silvia.fama_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2006 08:09:55 -0700

Hi!
I have a problem using XA transaction.
I have two database on the same oracle server. If I start two transactions with the same XID, one transaction returns an XA and Oracle error (ORA-24757).

The two trasactions are started from two different clients. I'd like to know if there is a workaround about this problem, or if Oracle is able to understand that the XID is related to two different databases also if on the same server.

Then, I read on one google group, that Oracle keeps in memory, for a while, the XID of the transaction also if they are ended (committed or rolled-back). Is this true? Is there a way to deny this Oracle behaviour?

Thank you! Received on Tue Jul 11 2006 - 10:09:55 CDT