Re: Dumb SQL Question

From: Holly <excyauseme_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Jul 2006 13:26:51 -0700

Thanks Daniel!
I know, it is a pretty boneheaded design, which is why we were trying to clean it up a bit.
Fortunately there aren't too many of these, but it worries me in the future.
We're using ClearCase, Harvest, HP Openview, and they are all used differently of course and the fields are free form a lot of times, so getting all of these change requests to sync up is a real pain! So we thought exporting the data from all of these sources and importing into access for our own tracking would be a good interim solution, but it appears that this is a big potential disaster. - Not to mention the LONG fields in oracle, that we can't extract easily.

Anyway, we can edit these fields manually, but I didn't know if there was a way to Replace looking for a comma in a specific position, like position 3 only.