Re: SQLPLus and Linux (Gentoo) - tnsnames problem

From: Quosek <qosek_at_o2.pl>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 11:17:57 +0200

for me it's problem with visibility TNSNAMES.ORA.... (when i put whole connection string in sqlplus command directly it's working - so it's now not prolbem of the structure o TNSNAMES)

should this file by called TNSNAMES.ORA, or tsnames.ora ('ve tried both of them)?
what about sqlnet.ora ? capital, or not ? now I've got in it:

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH=(TNSNAMES)
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE) only TNS_ADMIN set to directory with tnsnames and sqlnet, or sth more ?

and why everighing is working under windows, and there are so big problems with linux (and where is tnsping ??)

--
Pozdrawiam
Quosek