Re: ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded

From: ianal Vista <ianal_vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 01:53:33 GMT

"raghu" <raghu_vnin_at_yahoo.com> wrote in news:1152406112.253713.161920 @m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

> Hi,
>
> I added a new stored procedure to a package and compiled it. If the
> stored proc is executed, it runs perfectly. However if it is executed
> from a script (which also has calls to other procedures in the
> package), I get the following weird error:
> "ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded".
>
> Recompiling and executing it multiple times did not help. Database is
> Oracle 9i and this error appears both in SQLPlus and in Toad.
>
> Thanks.

My car's Check Engine Light is on & the car won't run. If you can tell me what is wrong with my car, I'll tell you what is wrong with your code. ;-)

"Oracle 9i" include many different versions. We (TINW) have No idea about the package in general, the "new" stored procedure in particular, nor the contents of you script (which is obviously untested).

Is "script" doing any DDL? If so, what exactly?

What is returned from
1) SELECT name, type, text FROM dba_errors WHERE name = '<PACKAGE NAME>'; 2) From within your "script" (which OS & version?) do:

   EXEC P_PACKAGE.NEW_SP;
   EXEC P_PACKAGE.NEW_SP; Received on Sat Jul 08 2006 - 20:53:33 CDT