Re: PL/SQL Package

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 12:59:06 -0400

"Christian Schneider" <Dudeldd_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:44ae7c24$0$29129$9b4e6d93_at_newsread4.arcor-online.net...
:> CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE XXXX ...
: >
: > GRANT EXECUTE ON XXXX TO ...
: >
:
: I know those commands seperately - I just never used them in combination
: - And I don't get the point -
: How does this work, then?
:
: How do you use the package, or the "grant"???
:
: Lets say, I have a user and want to give him the right to do all the
: things that are granted in the package, or just certain things of the
: package - how do I do this???
:
:
: Thanks,
:
: Chris

GRANT EXECUTE allows the grantee to run any public procedure or function contained in the package (ie, those procedures that have their specification included in the package specification)

So, you create a package (and a package body, of course), then grant execute on the package to the user(s) or role(s), and they then make calls to the package from their PL/SQL code (or anonymous blocks).

You cannot grant execute on portions of the package -- it's all or none.

++ mcs Received on Fri Jul 07 2006 - 11:59:06 CDT