Re: Need help with a complicate sql select request

From: bozon <curtis_at_crowson1.com>
Date: 7 Jul 2006 07:36:55 -0700

My head hurts now but here "A" query, I thought of another way I might be able to do it but I didn't want to work it out (I don't really have the time.)

create table tab_a(
  mgid char(4),
  gid char(4)
) ;

create table tab_b(
  uid char(4),
  gid char(4)
) ;

insert into tab_a values ("mg1", "grp1") ;
insert into tab_a values ("mg1", "grp2") ;
insert into tab_a values ("mg2", "grp3") ;

insert into tab_b values ("usr1", "grp1") ;
insert into tab_b values ("usr1", "grp2") ;
insert into tab_b values ("usr2", "grp1") ; insert into tab_b values ("usr2", "grp3") ; }

I hope this works in all cases. The logic would seems to work. I suspect it might be slow. ;-)