Need help with a complicate sql select request

From: Thorsten Knopel <to_stupid_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:12:35 +0200

hello , i need some help for a complicate sql search, hope someone can help me

Problem:

Table A: mega_grp, grp

e.g.     mg1, grp1
          mg1, grp2
          mg2, grp3

Table B: user, grp
e.g. usr1, grp1 usr1, grp1 usr2, grp1 usr2, grp3

What we want is to find all user which are in mega_group "mg1". That mean all user which are in "grp1" and "grp2". Not only in one but in both. In the example it would be only "usr1" because "usr2" is not in "grp2"

I tried it with a subselect and an IN Operation but then i get all user which are in one of the groups but not in both.

Thanxs for your help

Thorsten Received on Fri Jul 07 2006 - 08:12:35 CDT