Re: sys.DBMS_DDL.CREATE_WRAPPED what other priviledges are needed?

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:37:58 +0100

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:34:24 +0100, Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk> wrote:

>On 5 Jul 2006 08:29:30 -0700, sybrandb_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>nkunkov_at_escholar.com wrote:
>>> I'm trying to use sys.DBMS_DDL.CREATE_WRAPPED in my own stored
>>> procedure. I logged in as SYS and gave myself priviledges to execute
>>> this package. But Oracle 10g still gives me this error:
>>>
>>> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>>> ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DDL", line 643
>>>
>>> Is there some other package that I should grant execute permissions to?
>>> What else should I do to be able to execute the above?
>>
>>Evidently, one would need *direct* privilege (ie not through a role) to
>>execute the actual commands submitted, as roles are ignored when
>>executing stored procedures.
>
> No, that's for definer rights procedures. DBMS_DDL.CREATE_WRAPPED is invoker
>rights, as listed in the documentation. Privileges from roles are not ignored
>in invoker rights procedures.

 Replying to my own post, the OP's said he's using it inside his own stored procedure, which probably IS definer rights, so yes that's probably the problem, once you go via a definer rights procedure then the usual no-roles rules kick back in.

--
Andy Hassall :: andy@andyh.co.uk :: http://www.andyh.co.uk
http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space :: disk and FTP usage analysis tool