Re: sys.DBMS_DDL.CREATE_WRAPPED what other priviledges are needed?

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2006 08:29:30 -0700

nkunkov_at_escholar.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to use sys.DBMS_DDL.CREATE_WRAPPED in my own stored
> procedure. I logged in as SYS and gave myself priviledges to execute
> this package. But Oracle 10g still gives me this error:
>
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
> ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DDL", line 643
>
> Is there some other package that I should grant execute permissions to?
> What else should I do to be able to execute the above?
> Appreciate your help.
> Thanks
> NK

Evidently, one would need *direct* privilege (ie not through a role) to execute the actual commands submitted, as roles are ignored when executing stored procedures.

This has only been explained for similar situations more than 1 million times here.
Also please do not post in multiple groups.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA