Re: Client library for Oracle on linux

From: <felipefg_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Jul 2006 02:33:21 -0700

Hi,

Thanks for answering, and sorry for taking so long to reply back!

The problem is that the application is currenly coded in C++, and portability is one requirement. JDBC is great, but is only for Java. Concerning ODBC, it seems that oracle only supports Windows ODBC? As my application currently runs under Linux (but made with portability in mind), is there any supported driver for an Unix ODBC implementation, such as iODBC or UnixODBC?

Thanks,

    Felipe