Re: pivoting tables into columns

From: kes <abirch_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Jul 2006 06:52:58 -0700

ianal Vista wrote:
> "Alexander Birch" <abirch_at_gmail.com> wrote in
<snip>

> GOOGLE is your friend, but only if you use it.
>
> http://asktom.oracle.com -- has many fine coding examples.

I was actually going to ask Tom, yet he's not taking questions. Most of his examples use decode (sample_id, max(result), ...)

This is nice if you want an aggregate function, but I want the results that are not exactly pivoted. I did do the normal 30 minutes of googling and couldn't find any easy way of doing this.

Are there any key words that I am missing?

Thank you for your response.
Alex Received on Sat Jul 01 2006 - 08:52:58 CDT